Thank you for your interest in exhibiting at GreenFest 2023.
Kindly fill out:
You must submit both forms before your application will be reviewed.
GreenFest Rules and Regulations
The Montgomery County GreenFest is the largest annual environmental festival in Montgomery County, MD. Montgomery County GreenFest is organized by a coalition of public, non-profit, and university partners. GreenFest is expanding this year by taking place at two different locations over one weekend.
GreenFest in the Gardens will occur at Brookside Gardens on Saturday, April 22, 11am – 4pm. This event will focus on protecting and preserving the natural environment. Topics covered will include land use, food consumption and composting, clean water, biodiversity, sustainable gardening, and environmental justice.
GreenFest in the City will take place in downtown Wheaton (2425 Reedie Drive) on Sunday, April 23, 12pm – 5pm. This event will address how residents can “green” their home and daily commute. Topics covered at this event will include energy consumption, home and appliance efficiency, recycling, transportation, electric vehicles, and green business initiatives.
Things You Should Know:
- All exhibit space will be outside.
- Each exhibitor will be provided 1 table and 2 chairs in an uncovered space. Exhibitors should bring their own 10’ by 10’ tent. Additional tables or chairs are allowed and are the responsibility of the exhibitor/vendor. If you would like GreenFest to provide additional tables, they can be rented at an additional cost.
- The event is “Rain or Shine”.
- Submission of this application indicates you, as a participating exhibitor or vendor, are responsible for abiding to the regulations of the GreenFest Committee, the Montgomery County Government, and Montgomery County Department of Parks. The GreenFest Committee and its participating members cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to merchandise or equipment or for injury.
- GreenFest in the Gardens officially begins at 11am and ends at 4pm on Saturday, April 22. GreenFest in the City officially begins at 12pm and ends at 5pm. Exhibitors/vendors can enter the festival following a preassigned entry schedule and should be set-up and ready to serve the public no later than 30 minutes prior to the official start time. Exhibitors/Vendors cannot begin to breakdown until after the official end time of the event.
Exhibitors must follow guidelines as described below:
- Complete application form no later than Friday, March 3, 2023
- Exhibitors/vendors should indicate on their application whether they wish to participate in GreenFest in the Gardens, GreenFest in the City or both. Applications will be reviewed and approved by the GreenFest committee according to various factors including, but not limited to:
- variety of offering and whether it is applicable to the specified event;
- whether exhibitor offers a green service or product to the community;
- plans to engage in environmental education while at GreenFest;
- items for sale made from reused, recycled, upcycled, responsibly harvested, organic, plant-related, or sustainable products produced within 150 miles of Wheaton, MD;
- the date of application submission;
- new or returning exhibitor/vendor;
- whether registered as a Montgomery County Certified Green Business; and
- at the sole discretion of the GreenFest committee.
- Notifications regarding submission status will be emailed to applicants by Friday, March 10.
- Payment must be received by Friday, March 31, 2023, to secure your space. If payment is not paid within the allotted time frame, the space will be automatically released – no exceptions.
- No refunds.
- Each space includes one 6’ table (un-skirted) and two chairs unless otherwise noted. Additional tables can be reserved at a cost of $15 during registration.
- Exhibitors must bring their own 10’ by 10’ tent. No tents larger than 10’ by 10’ will be allowed on site without the permission of the GreenFest Committee. Exhibitors must bring sandbags or weights to hold down their tent in case of inclement weather.
- The event is RAIN or SHINE. In the case of inclement weather exhibitors and vendors will be alerted as to the status of the event no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the event.
- Additional signage or banners are permitted and must be displayed within the confines of your space. Please do not distribute literature or solicit outside of your assigned space.
- Shared booth space is allowed at no additional cost with advanced approval by the GreenFest Committee.
- Booth space number and loading schedule will be assigned prior to event to best of our ability. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- In keeping with the sustainable spirit of GreenFest, vendors may not hand out polystyrene, #6 plastic products or single-use plastic products, including plastic bags. This includes free items (tchotchkes) given to visitors.
- Vendors cannot hand out bottled water because of its environmental impact.
- All exhibitors/vendors will be given an arrival window based on their booth location to ensure a smooth arrival and setup.
- Exhibitors/Vendors MUST ENTER during booth set-up as scheduled. Vendors MUST move vehicles within the specified period allotted for unloading. Police will patrol area for security. Any arrivals other than food trucks after the specified time must be made on foot. Loading and unloading will be allowed in designated areas only. Special Parking is available for Exhibitors/Vendors at Brookside Gardens.
- Each exhibitor/vendor will be assigned a location and provided with detailed day-of event logistics prior to the event.
- All exhibitors/vendors are responsible for their own merchandise and equipment.
- During the event, exhibitors/vendors are responsible for setting up and tearing down their assigned station. Tear down should be complete no later than 45 minutes after the official end of the event.
- Exhibitors/Vendors are responsible for keeping their area clean and are responsible for picking up any litter or garbage in that area.
- Exhibitors/Vendors need to completely clear space and take all trash, such that the booth and drop off areas are left in the same condition as they were prior to the event. Failure to properly clean space may result in not being invited to participate in future festivals.
- All personal property placed or used at the event shall be at the sole risk of Exhibitors/Vendors, and the GreenFest Committee, the Montgomery County Government and Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the Exhibitors/Vendors personal property located thereon for any reason. The Exhibitors/ Vendors understand that the GreenFest Committee and Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission do not and shall not carry liability, theft or fire insurance to cover the Exhibitor/Vendor losses therein.
- A vendor is an organization who wishes to sell products or services at the GreenFest. All activity must be confined to the booth space unless special arrangements have been made beforehand.
- Each exhibitor/vendor is responsible for its own licensing and taxation as required by law.
- NO GENERATORS are allowed.
The Montgomery County GreenFest occurs rain or shine. In the case of an extreme weather event or other extreme unforeseen circumstance, it is at the sole discretion of the GreenFest committee to determine if the festival will be cancelled and, if cancellation occurs, the GreenFest committee, at its sole discretion, will determine if the festival will be rescheduled. Under no circumstances will refunds be offered nor applied to future festivals unless the GreenFest committee cancels the event.
I agree to indemnify and defend the Montgomery County Government, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, participating member organizations of the Montgomery County GreenFest Committee, or any of the sponsoring organizations or individuals associated with the Montgomery County GreenFest (collectively, “Sponsors”) from and against any loss, claims, cost, damage or liabilities of any kind, and any other expenses, resulting from claims due to vendor’s or exhibitor’s participation in the Montgomery County GreenFest or use of Montgomery Parks property as delineated herein.
Specifically, I agree to indemnify, exculpate, defend and hold harmless the Montgomery County Government, Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission and any Sponsors from any and all claims, including but not limited to bodily injury, property damage, liabilities, losses, damages, fines, costs, fees, and expenses including attorney’s fees and costs (at both any trial and appellate levels) arising out of or in any way connected to or relating to activities upon Montgomery Parks property, including, without limitation, claims of third parties for property damage or for bodily injuries and any and all expenses or obligations including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
I will not hold Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Montgomery County Government or any Sponsor or individuals associated with the Montgomery County GreenFest responsible for theft, accidents or liability of any kind. I will adhere to and follow the rules and regulations as stated above.